Friday 28 April 2017

Everything has changed

So big changes around here.

My husband and I separated.

That was... hard and expensive.

He had signed my daughter up for a phone plan, and with the separation that bill now comes to me. I'm annoyed about that, but there's not much I can do about it.

We'd also purchased a large TV together, and because its staying in my home, that bill is also now mine.

I basically got nowhere for a few months. So frustrating.

Then my parents agreed to go guarantor on a house loan for me, so I could get my own place.

And then they changed their minds. Which is fine.

Dad instead suggested that they could pay out my existing loans, and I could repay them at 0% interest and so get ahead a bit quicker and into my own place without help.

That was very, very kind of him, and I took him up on that offer.

So, as it stands today:

I owe my Dad $32,178.

I owe $100 on my credit card (which has been put away and will not be used unless I can immediately transfer cash to pay off whatever purchase I'm making - therefore making it a cash purchase).

I owe $2335 to the TV debt. (also at 0% interest)

My Dad has asked that I pay him back in lump sums. So I'm saving the payments to him in a separate bank account and tracking my payments using NetWorthIQ.com

My net worth, when I started it last week was -$35,513

My current net worth is -$34,113

Its annoying that I'm higher again than when I started, but I've gone back to basics again and I've also done some tweaking to my budget to free up some extra cash.

I have been really distracted with the ending of my marriage and some family crises but I am absolutely determined to get out from under this debt as soon as humanly possible.

I think I'll try and say something every day about debt and debt reduction... to keep me accountable and motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment