Monday 8 May 2017

Sponsoring to save some $$

I normally purchase an $85 membership to my daughters sporting club.

This entitles us to "free" entry to all home games, which works out to be cheaper than paying entry at each home game she plays. I buy a membership in order to save some money, given that we do attend every home and away game through the season. Unfortunately there is no way of saving on the entry to out of town games, but I do budget for this item.

This year, she bought home a sponsors pack. She hasn't previously received the pack because sponsorship is something only the older players seek - she's playing some games with the senior team this year so they gave her a pack. Every senior player is encouraged to get at least one players sponsor, and if they get 5 sponsors they receive their own membership ($85) free of charge.

Now, my daughter doesn't have to pay membership yet, because she's under 18. Only 18+ players have to pay membership. So she gets in free to every home game regardless, because she's a junior player. Still, I had a read of the sponsorship pack to find out what was on offer.

Turns out that sponsoring a player gets you membership PLUS extra bonuses, including one sponsors game where you have all-you-can eat and drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) in a special marquee. You also get your name up on the sponsors wall, which is kind of nice I guess, particularly if you have a business to advertise.

So how much is sponsorship? 

$75.

I am so annoyed that I didn't know about this sooner. I could have saved an additional $10 a year and had a nice day out as well, for something I buy anyway!

If you have a child who plays sports, it might be worth investigating if they have player sponsor deals like this one - you may save yourself some additional money.

No comments:

Post a Comment