Tuesday 2 May 2017

Thrifty cooking

I've been eating a low carb diet for a while now, and I love it. I have great health results, so much more energy, sleeping better, it's amazing.

But I need to balance that against my budget. 

Rice, pasta and beans, potatoes and carrots  are the staple of most frugal meals. I don't eat any of those things. 

I think this winter the slow cooker is going to be my friend. Cheap meat, veg I can eat, and rice for my daughter. I have mine with zucchini noodles to bulk it out. Easy and delicious. 

There are ways to manage frugal living even on special diets. 



(Oh, and in case you're wondering, I started this way of eating because of a food allergy that made me violently ill. I had also put on a lot of weight. This way, I can avoid my allergen and lose weight. 14.5kg down so far - or 32lbs. Not bad!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment