Friday 29 January 2016

Debt update - 30 January 2016

I had a lot of issues getting the insurance removed from my loan, and the balances have only just been adjusted. 

I actually under calculated the insurance costs (GST maybe?) so the loan balance is currently sitting at $31,145 - I had calculated it as being closer to $31,900. 

Payments will go to the loan on Wednesday of this week (four days) and I'm planning on putting the full $600.  

I am still considering whether or not to start an emergency fund. 

Psychologically, I think I'd like to get a few more payments under my belt on this loan, and get the balance down below $30,000 before I start directing funds away from debt and into savings. 

This will also give me time to get the medical expense paid off, which would be great. 

I have used my credit card twoce this fortnight, to purchase items for a special project I'm working on. I immediately transferred the funds from my savings though - and so the card is still at $0. 

I feel like things are going well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment